Mission: “Every Child, Every Chance, Every Day.”
Woodland Elementary is a school that fosters opportunities for each child to reach his or her highest potential. Our students benefit from the expertise of our experienced, highly qualified, and committed staff. Every day, every child is shown that they matter, that they are part of a community, and that people truly want them to succeed and become a well-rounded individual.
During their K-5 education at Woodland, we will provide your student(s) with amazing opportunities to learn, collaborate, create, and grow so that they can develop the foundation to be successful in in their K-12 education and beyond.
Learn More and Enroll
We encourage families to tour our wonderful school so you can see our staff, our students and our facilities. For more information, call 651-683-6990 or email Michelle Zappa at Michelle.Zappa@district196.org.
School and Community
Woodland Elementary is a Eagan neighborhood school located next to Mueller Farm Park in the Northeast corner of the city on Wescott Road in-between Lexington Avenue and Dodd Road.
By visiting Woodland Elementary you will see our interest in the physical and emotional wellbeing of each child, our vibrant students, teachers and staff and our student-centered teaching approach. As you walk through the building, you will see students engaged in a variety of reading and math activities, pleasant hallways filled with examples of student work and art projects, and parent volunteers helping with many activities.
Woodland Elementary was recognized as a 2008 No Child Left Behind Blue Ribbon School based on our academic performance. In 2015 Woodland was recognized as a MESPA School of Excellence. Our students and teachers have worked hard to achieve these awards. These are all defining characteristics of a quality school.
Woodland Elementary is a school that promotes learning for each child. Your child will have the opportunity to experience:
- Highly-qualified, dedicated teaching staff
- 21st-century rigorous curriculum
- Achievement scores above the district and state averages
- One-to-one technology access and interactive classrooms
- Dedicated Gifted and Talented specialist
- MESPA Elementary School of Excellence
- U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School
Woodland Elementary is a school that promotes collaboration for each child. Your child will have the opportunity to experience:
- Project-based, collaborative learning experiences
- Award-winning Destination Imagination teams
- Active Parent/Teacher Organization
- Community outreach programs
- Student Council
- AAA school safety patrols
Woodland Elementary is a school that promotes creativity for each child. Your child will have the opportunity to experience:
- Dedicated art and music specialists
- Award-winning STEM/Makerspace programming
- Choral and instrumental performing arts
- Embedded engineering design process
- After-school enrichment programming
- Artist In Residency programming
- Woodland News Team
Woodland Elementary is a school that promotes the physical and social/emotional growth for each child. Your child will have the opportunity to experience:
- Positive Behavior Intervention System (PBIS) school
- Growth mindset instruction
- Conscious Discipline school
- NFL "Fuel Up to Play 60" school
- American Heart Association "Jump Rope for Heart" school
- USDA Healthier U.S. Silver school
- Student-led annual Fun Run