Woodland Elementary has six Destination Imagination teams. Students who participate in Destination Imagination are building their collaboration, critical thinking and STEM skills. All students are welcome to join Destination Imagination.
In March 2019, three of our six teams made it to the state tournament.
- Fire Breathing Rubber Duckies (4th grade)
- 2nd Place in Fine Arts Challenge – "Game On"
- Members: Tori Koudelka, Emma Sondag, Estelle Aboroungong, Noa Brutinel, Hannah Zabell
- Coaches: Carrie Koudelka & Evan Brutinel
- Funny Like Your Funny Bone (4th grade)
- 1st Place in Scientific Challenge – "Medical Mystery"
- Members: Magnolia Maki, Ellie Koenig, Owen Groneberg, Ella Walters, Tyson McCullum
Coach: Mara Koenig
- Crazy Creators (3rd grade) *pictured
- 1st Place in Tech – "On Target"
- Members: Austin Lachney, Nora Bishop, Harrison Grommesch, Arushi Panchal, Henry Waldron
The third-grade team Crazy Creators made it to the Destination Imagination Global Finals in May 2019. Students Austin Lachney, Nora Bishop, Harrison Grommesch, Arushi Panchal, Henry Waldron with coach Alyce Lachney were one of six Destination Imagination teams representing five District 196 schools at the global finals.
The Crazy Creators competed in the Technical Challenge and placed first in the Regional Tournament and first in the State Tournament in the Elementary School Division. For their challenge, they were challenged to design their own aircraft that could lift off, drop a payload, and land without a person physically touching the aircraft, drop mechanism, or payload. The payload drops were also part of their story about an angry Oreo named Seymour who needed deliveries of sugar in order to return home.